Tuesday, September 11, 2007

While I have been considering sending stuff to westexgirl, I keep harping on a few home truths. Well, I've already admitted in the past that I am selfish. Not intentionally, but certainly more than my fair share. And since acknowledging it, I really have tried on most all levels of my life to address it and make changes to be less selfish. And more aware of others selfless generosity.

The other thing I have come to realize is that I am lazy. As in I don't like to do more than I have to--which is a symptom of selfishness, right? And as in I don't seem to be good at repetitive, continual things. I have a hard time sticking to routines, as do the laundry every Monday, dust every Friday, exercise twice a week. My dirty house and out of shape body are testaments to both.

And when I reread this, the not sticking to routines strikes me as odd. It really is true that I suck at them. You'd think I'd like them and crave them since I hate change. I hate it when they change up the produce section at the grocery store. I hate it when there is something at school that I have to go to that I've never done before. I hate it when they change the tax law and I have to learn a new way of doing it. I hate it when the kids start a new sport and I don't know whose team we are going to be on or the other moms or the rules of the game.

So why can't I stick to something like always doing laundry on the same day. It's sad to say that I have just now gotten in the habit of making my bed every morning. I know that's pitiful, but it IS hard to make it when hubby is still sleeping in it when I get up. And since he's been gone most of the summer, I have gotten to enjoy the sense of completion in doing it every day.

Anyway. I think I want to send Nee and westexgirl both my writing progress. I think it can only be good, if not a little intimidating. BUT I am going to be realistic. I don't think I have it in me to promise to work everyday. For one, I still work part-time, read a book a day, have football practice three hours a week, a child who will be the death of me before he learns his multiplication tables, a promise made to my best friends to workout at the Y at least twice a week (or they will refuse to let me go power shopping with them anymore because I can't keep up after an hour), a tax return on extension that needs to be done in the next month or the IRS will come looking for me, and a problem focusing on accounting and writing at the exact same time.

With that said, I promise to work on my writing on my days off-Monday and Wednesday.
I will send my progress to you both before I go to bed on those days. I probably won't look at any comments until the next day off-unless I work some over a weekend. I hope this doesn't seem like too little. I think it's something realistic for me and it will be more than what I've been doing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment