Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Open letter to Kee:

I am very proud of you for looking at your responsibilities and deciding to add writing to the list. It doesn't actually matter to me how often you write, just that you have made a conscious decision to include it in your weekly schedule.

And I don't think you can compare getting in the writing habit to making your bed--I only pull the covers over my pillow to keep the cats off it.*g* Menial habits are not in the same category as putting writing on your list of priorities.

I myself need to devote my time this month to a paper due October 1. I hope to fit in some creative writing around it, but it just depends on how fried my brain is after reading about linguistics and writing in German each day. To that end, I have spent the afternoon (Hannah's first day of afternoon classes) reading and taking notes and trying to figure out what exactly it is I want to do and how to go about it. I already had an idea, so at least I wasn't starting from the very beginning. So I will try to send you any creative writing I squeeze out; I'll post here about the progress of my paper.

But I'll be looking in my inbox first thing Thursday morning for tomorrow's output. *glare* :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment