Sunday, September 30, 2007

So far so good on the writing front. Kee has been sticking to her Monday/Wednesday schedule and getting the words out. I have been writing more sporadically, but there have been words, so I consider that progress.

Kee has just sent me some excellent feedback on LNR, but that got me to thinking about our email exchange. Back when I started busting Kee's chops about sending me her work, I don't think I pictured our exchange as a mini-critique group, at least not yet. I was worried that dealing with critiques would be a ready-made excuse for dithering and not writing. So while I appreciate the feedback, Kee, you don't have to bother with it yet if you don't feel like it. For my part, I just want to get the story down on paper to a level I am satisfied with before sending it out into the cruel world; right now, sending LNR to you is an accountability thing for me. So I am going to file away the email you sent me and pull it out when I get to the end of LNR.

But that doesn't mean you have to do it my way, Kee. If you are hoping for more feedback on your end, just let me know.

And now I am off to avoid my paper some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment