Tuesday, June 13, 2006

One of my teachers was out sick today, so I spent all that extra time working and working and working on my Term Paper until my body called out for cookies. So I took a break and ate a cookie on the way to my next class. (Hey, I ate half my body weight in fruit today, so I deserve a cookie to wash down all that healthy.) But the work work work paid off. I have most of a page typed up, which I have to remember to print out to take with me tomorrow for more work^3, because I can hardly even follow all the handwritten pages of crossings-out, cross-references, and lines from here to there.

As I was sitting in the study hall working working working, my Term Paper advisor waylaid me. He had someone scheduled to come talk to him about her paper right after that, so he asked me to go ahead and come by as second in line (instead of waiting for his office hour tomorrow). So now he knows that I have sorted out more that should have gone in my original sorry-ass outline, and that I am more or less on the right track. Of course, I'll still have to look him up next week, and send on anything I complete between now and then, but I don't want this paper looming over me for weeks on end, so I am going to work during every spare moment while I am still on a roll.

When I needed a brain break (just before the call of the cookies), I tried to write on the Godred story, and I came up with three horrifically awful starting sentences that I will be burning in offering to the writing gods later. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment