Monday, June 12, 2006

I managed to complete a 3-paragraph translation for class and get it turned in this morning. Progress! Of sorts.

Between classes I sat in the library and wrestled with my Term Paper. I love that library, because there's a section where there are 3 tables lined up end to end between each of the stacks, so I could spread out all my papers and dictionaries and pencil case. I like to be able to see everything at once. I think I'll be able to make my self-imposed schedule for Wednesday. Go me!

Except for the part where I got totally frustrated trying to translate *one measly sentence* that I wanted to quote in my paper. I looked in several dictionaries (mono- and bi-lingual) and thesauri (including my beloved Roget's and the OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY, the Hummer limo of the dictionary world), and I came up with nothing. I got home and looked in my ratty old German-English dictionary (the one I had to hole-punch and put in binders because the binding had come off), and poof! Exactly what I was looking for. *grumble, grumble*

No comments:

Post a Comment