Friday, June 16, 2006

Back on track....

While trying to assume a former career-due to monetary needs and the need to eat-I discovered one very important thing about myself. I was born to write. More than that. I was meant to be a writer.

That said...I'm quitting my job. Easy enough to say right now since said boss is out of the country on a three week European vacation. I'd love to include in one of his "Fax Updates" that, by the way, your bills are paid, your deposits are made, and I quit. But rest assured on said return that I will be leaving his employ.

Let's just leave the matter as one big life lesson and enough material to keep me writing for years.

But ....the point of all that is to get across that I can't go back to my former life and I don't want to. Monetary concerns aside, I really can't live like that anymore. I like how writing everyday makes me feel. I like it too much to give it up again. So I've got three weeks to get to a point where I am submitting FINISHED work.

I will be ruthless in editing. I will be unstoppable with the keyboard. And I will probably have to hire a housekeeper to keep us from living in filth. But oh well.

Watch my smoke. And smell my stinky feet.

No Relation
6-14 words #1824
Total chapters 3 1/2
Total words 12, 565

Ransom
Not sure on specifics. Cutting anything that slows me down.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Kee! Welcome back!

    I guess you don't need me kickin' you in the butt to keep on track, because you sound like a woman driven, but I'll be sending good thoughts your way as you work.

    Let me know if you want to pick my brain, or have me read anything.

    And those boys are big enough to help with the picking-up, or at least in minimizing the mess. Do you by any chance have an extra room in that big ol' house where they can play and you can just close the door on the mess? That's my favorite solution. :-)

    ReplyDelete