Friday, May 18, 2007

Well, I think I am motivated.

Remember, how I told you I got ahead of myself and sent the query before I was done polishing. It's gonna be a close call as to if I can finish before my self-imposed 10 day deadline. (I have queried this agent before. She was the very first one actually. And her rejection came 10 days from the date I sent it.) Maybe this time I won't get a reject. And if I don't, I don't want her to have to wait on a partial because I wasn't ready.

So....I have been working everyday on my stuff. The first few days were kinda slow with lots of revisions. But now I seem to be moving along a little faster. The kids have the day off tomorrow so I plan on getting a lot done then.

I was really, really motivated after finishing a book this afternoon that I picked up on my lunch break. It was from a BIG name, contemp romance writer. I have been reading a little by each publisher to see what each one is putting out there. Well, this one was AWFUL. I actually cried after I finished it because it was so bad and still got published.

Then I got up and knocked out 14 pages in editing/rewrite.

The power of motivation. And so on I go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Way to take lemons (in the form of an awful but published book) and make some ass-kicking lemonade (in the form of your own non-awful book)!

    And even if you don't send out the partial on the same day that you receive a request from the agent, I don't think that is a deal-breaker. :-)

    I have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete