Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm at it.

Read, read, read. Write, write, write.

Everyday.

Even if it's just a teensy weensy two pages of reading. I tell myself that it's two more pages than the day before. It seems to be working. Because there was one day after I started my disciplined schedule that I skipped. I know, horror of all horrors. But actually it kinda was. There was sooooo much guilt involved. Then I worked extra hard the next couple of days just to make up for it. That's when it hit me that even just a little was better than nothing at all.

I think all the outside reading I have done since really picked up Ransom the last editing go-round has helped. It's not so much pulling teeth and hashing it out over every sentence. I think it might actually be starting to come a little easier. (Knock on as much wood as you can find.) But I think I read somewhere that it takes a person a million or so words before he's any good at writing-like 4 or 5 books worth.

Well I think I have probably put in that me in Ransom alone. It is definitely not the story it started out to be, but it is more saleable. And really isn't that why I am doing this in the first place. Not the money part, so much as the selling it part. I am writing to get something published. For the world to stand up and shout, 'You Rock!'

Could happen.

But not if I spend all night posting this.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that thinking and "talking" about what you are up to is a waste a time. Only if that's all you do *cough*. *g*

    ReplyDelete