Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I was hoping to have something from Kee by now *HINT HINT*, but I guess I will just have to be patient for another day or 2. But THEN I will be impatient, and I will start making snide remarks here and elsewhere... You have been warned, Kee. :-)

I have realized that I need to change the way I look at how I use my time. I have a nasty habit of looking at the clock and thinking, "Hmm, I have to leave in 3 hours, and that will just fly by, so what's the point of trying to do anything in such a short time."

That is bad.

I am a wife, mother, student, employee, and person, and my life is splintered into "small" chunks of time. I can't do much about that. But I *can* change the way I think about it. I need to look at my chunks of free time and say, "This is what I need to work on. I might not be able to finish the whole thing, but I bet I can do a lot."

I guess I could call this a resolution, but it is an ongoing problem that I have been thinking about for a while.

Yesterday I got up and read a chapter for my paper, proofread 7 pages of an article for a professor, and studied German. I know I could have gotten more reading or proofreading in, but another bad habit I need to deep-six is resting on my laurels when I accomplish anything. I lose my momentum and have to work myself back up to actually doing anything, and then I congratulate myself by doing nothing, and then it is a vicious cycle that prevents me from finishing anything.

So, baby steps, Nee. Step 1: finish this up and get back to proofreading.

Kee, send me something, even if it is only notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment