Thursday, November 08, 2007

So... after taking a week off, Kee has got right back in the writing fray with new/revised materials this week. She kept up with her goal of working on Monday and Wednesday, and she was even able to step outside her safety zone and ask for help. I must say, she is progressing nicely.

I have a lot to do, and am getting a lot done, but it is going to take a while to get the pile completely whacked. There hasn't really been time for creative writing, but I know it is still bubbling away in my brain, because ideas rise to the surface when my brain is not otherwise occupied, such as in the shower or walking to class. Maybe some day I'll have time to capture a few ideas on paper, but I'm not getting too antsy about it yet.

I'm not sure I want to teach again next semester. It takes so much time to prepare, and I will be writing my thesis and studying for my exams. But then again, it occurred to me that I have already done all the work, and if I can offer the same topic, the bulk of the preparation will already be done. I'll wait and see if I get asked back.

Here's my to-do list for this semester, not including for the class I am teaching:
write 1 paper (still overdue from last semester :-0)
give 2 presentations
do a write-up of 1 90-minute class
find an advisor for my thesis
start brain-storming exam topics

Ok, now I will stop before my brain explodes. I am trying to keep my paper list limited to the most pressing items, just to prevent myself from going mad. It may be unavoidable. ;-P

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I could lift my head off my pillow each morning if I even had a portion of your list to do. It just boggles the mind how much you juggle.

    And yet you still find time to update us on this blog (plus your others). I hope you are leaving time just for you in there somewhere. If not, I'll have to let the squirrels out.

    Thanks for all the encouragement and help that you give me. I wouldn't be where I'm at with my writing if it wasn't for you. In fact, I wouldn't have started at all if I hadn't gotten the idea that I could do it from you.

    So with the big head I've just given you, get to work on your school stuff and write that paper!

    ReplyDelete