Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Let's see:

My teaching went a lot better yesterday than 2 weeks ago. *falls to knees weeping and thanking the 7 Dwarfs* Next week's class should be pretty fun--teaching them how to use PowerPoint--so there is not quite as much stress when I think about preparing for it.

My presentation today went ok, I guess. I didn't feel like I made a complete ass of myself, and my teacher didn't grimace or write a lot of notes while I spoke, so I consider that a success.

With all the prep for just those two things, I have hardly had a free minute for myself, so I am spending a little time this afternoon seeing to my babies (blog 1 and blog 2). *g*

Also, I am experimenting with a form of flash fiction, since I hardly have time to write anything, much less think up something story-length. Here is my first, and somewhat lame, stab at it:

The children thought the magic was in the old silk hat, but Frosty knew the act of completion was the magic. He was one hat away from resurrection and revenge.
(30 words)

Take 2:

Frosty bided his time, waiting for the last item to complete his transformation. Not a silk top hat!
(18 words)

I think I like the second one better. And now I am GOING TO READ FOR MY PAPER! (Yes, that is an event that must be expressed in all-caps.)

Kee, I'll probably tackle your Monday and Wednesday work both tomorrow. Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment