Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I haven't stopped by the last couple of times I have sent in work. Mostly because I have been so cross eyed after that I go straight to bed. But since the laundry will take a few more minutes before I can switch it, here I am.

I have worked daily since my last report on the block of work I sent in tonight. I kept thinking I'd get to the end and it kept growing. What I like so much about what I am doing with the story is that it seems I've gotten back to the characters that have been living in my head. I think I got away from them in an effort to "improve" it. Now it's like-Hey. Don't write it like that. That's not how I sound. Write it this way.--And out it pops. Well sometimes there is more fretting than that, usually over deleting a good line because it doesn't fit anymore. But in the end I give up and hit the delete key thinking-if this is what they want, this is what they get. And I think it's turned out well so far.

I really think I'd be okay if it never got published. It's something I can be proud of regardless.

At least the first 59 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment