Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Success!

It was 8pm before I could sit down and start writing, but I put on my headphones, cranked up the Cranberries on repeat, and wrote 4 pages on Vale. I think the music distracted the part of my brain that wanted to come up with excuses or distractions. No, really. I did the same thing while writing my term paper back in April.

I would really like to make a habit of writing, and maybe after Hannah sends herself off to bed at night would be the time for me to lock myself in the sunroom and work. I'm not really a night owl, but I can sleep in most days now that we are on vacation, so staying up later shouldn't put too much of a kink in my schedule.

Speaking of kinks, I woke up with a horrible crick in my neck. I can turn my head to the left if I lead with my chin, but I can't tilt my head to the left. This after 4 hours with a hot wattle bottle this morning. I had to postpone my tutoring until tomorrow. Now I'm off for some lunch--cereal!--and some more hot wattle bottle time in the cozy chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment