Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I haven't written every day, but I have been plugging away on my Vale story using my initial MO--headphones and a chunk of uninterrupted time. I managed to squeeze in about an hour one morning by letting Hannah sleep in, and another hour or so one evening by leaving John in charge and heading upstairs. After the initial flood of words, I've been averaging a handwritten page per session, but I haven't been going back to read, not yet. I think I know where I need to add something, but it is right where I left off last time, so I'll just go back a sentence or two and squeeze it in.

I'm a little worried that my story will seem unoriginal in the end, but I still know which direction I am headed, so I will worry about the final product after I write "The End."

I am also in the middle of proofs for the journal I am proofreading. I'm still waiting for the last article to come in, then I will be done with that duty until the next edition comes out in 5 or 6 months.

And to round out my days, I finally got around to sorting out the giant box of stuff Hannah dragged home around the end of school and have now turned toward whipping her room in shape. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I don't plan on working myself to death to get it done, so it is going to take a while. I hope I am done before we leave for Scotland in a week, though.

I'm managing to keep pretty busy for someone on vacation.

2 comments:

  1. I still know which direction I am headed, so I will worry about the final product after I write "The End."

    Sounds like a great plan! Hope you're having a fab vacation!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And thanks for stopping by. It's usually just the two of us and a couple of friends with a lot of patience for our blathering. :-)

    ReplyDelete