Sunday, July 08, 2007

I had a dream last night that I sat down at the computer, and words just flowed from my fingers on my Godred story. Too bad it was just a dream.

Sometimes I wonder why I insist on sticking with writing. I don’t know that I feel as strongly about it as Kee, but maybe I am just approaching it differently. I think I would like to have some of my writing published, but that is not the driving force for me. I feel like I *should* be able to finish a story, and I’ll be damned if I stop before I do.

I guess it is one of my never-ending projects, like a certain quilt that won’t die, or John’s walking stick he has been carving on for a couple of years now.

In other news, I have been reading a book about Liselotte from the Pfalz, a local princess who married the brother of Louis the 14th of France back in the day. It is a really poorly put-together book, and I am leaning toward just abandoning it. For one thing, her father’s name is spelled 2 different ways on the same page. For another, page 39 is glued in behind page 9. I just don’t think I want to subject myself to such a high level of publishing incompetence, even if the subject is interesting.

And finally, I just finished my homework--*2 days in advance*. I know, you are probably stunned by this revelation. I certainly am. But I borrowed a book Hannah is using in school, and she needs it tomorrow, so I had to bite the bullet and work on a Sunday. *gasp* Maybe this work ethic will spill over to my writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment