Saturday, October 28, 2006

I opened the Ransom file last night and just started writing new stuff after the "Chapter One" heading. Then I reworked the first meeting to the this new beginning so that it is more of my "hook". A lot of the other background stuff is getting killed so that I can get right to more action stuff.

When I re-read what I had done last night, I didn't cringe too much so I guess I'll keep it for now.

The plan is just to get it out there and not worry about sending it through an agent. I can do that by going the fluff route. Which, I'm convincing myself, is fine by me. As long as it no longer lives in the bowels of my computer.

Not sure how much more I'll be able to fit in soon. My schedule has stuff everyday until Wednesday. That will be Veg for Me Day. I'll try to squeeze a bit of work in at night before then but may only post lump work.

1 comment:

  1. I really do think that when you get your hook down and do something with the Dusti bit (a nice big blow-up scene would be just the trick), you will not have any problems selling Ransom. I have actually been thinking about it myself lately (I'm not sure why it should pop in my head, but I think that is a good sign that people will really relate to/buy into/believe in the characters).

    Don't forget about the query letter, too. But we can talk about that when Ransom is closer to being ready to go out.

    ReplyDelete