Friday, March 28, 2014

One down, nothing to go

I finally finished that big editing job! Well, the first round, since the author has a few queries to respond to, but thank the baby jeebus that it is at a stage of completion that gets it off my desk for a while.

I may be hearing about a translation job from a professor next week, but that is in the future. For now, I am free!

John and I have been tag-teaming the laundry today. That's what happens when one of us--not me!--runs out of drawers. We've actually made a sizeable dent in it.

Tomorrow we are supposed to participate in a volunteer day, cleaning up around town. Getting Hannah out of the house on a Saturday morning when there is no cute boy or fun girlfriend to bribe her with is not going to be pretty. You may hear the shrieks of agony (mine or hers?) from over there.

I started a Dropbox account on my seestor's suggestion. I had actually been meaning to do it for a while for my teaching materials but had not managed to get around to it. (I am the master procrastinator.) When I finally did get around to it, it took about 10 minutes to sign up and get my big-ass file of materials uploaded. Fairly painless, as far as technology stuff goes.

Once I had the account, I went back and typed up pretty much all my notes on my story at the end of the text. I'm up to about 15 pages of everything at this point. I may go back and separate it, but for now, it is all there for Kee's enjoyment in one handy document.

I think I may do a little puttering now. It is 4:15 p.m., and I have nothing on my schedule until 9 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment