Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mosey-ing along

I'm trying to work on that editing I mentioned, but every time I hit up against a snarl of prose, which is almost every paragraph, I find it hard to keep going and end up turning to the Internet to distract me. Not a good mode of working, I must say. (Also, the reason I'm here right now.)

Yesterday I had to go into town for my office hour and some errands, and I ended up having a relatively productive day. I got my errands done, I got some course-related work done (not all, but a satisfying amount), and I managed to put some time in on the train writing on my story. Well, not "writing" in the sense of "prose stylings conveying a plot, etc.", but "writing" in the sense of jotting down several important things that have to happen in the story and ideas for scenes that could possibly manage to do that. It wasn't as highly structured as an outline, but in that direction.

That bit of blocking, planning, whatever you want to call it seemed to get my brain moving again, and the next bit of the story--I already knew *what* I wanted to happen, but not *how*--got jiggled loose, so I was able to put some actual story-words down on paper.

But now I need to get back to my day job and see if I can't get more knocked out before making a metric ass-ton of pesto from John's denuding of our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment