Sunday, March 16, 2014

Almost caught up

When the semester was over, I turned to a bunch of stuff that had been on the back burner and got it all done. But then it was really hard to turn back to the pile of grading that was waiting for me. I had a deadline, but I ended up working right up to the deadline, staying up late and getting up early, just to get done. (Which is my usual m.o. *sadface*)

I woke up on Friday, I think, and thought, "I am done with everything! I don't owe *anyone* *anything*!" And then I remembered that I actually promised to edit a self-published book for a friend. *Crap!* But I have some time before the semester starts, and I am planning on spending all of next week working on it.

After that, I have some plans for my classes next semester to work on, etc.

I have been having a hard time getting back into a headspace for writing. I keep going back and rereading what I've already typed up, trying to get back into the swing of the story, but it feels like it is just beyond my reach at the moment. Part of the problem is that I had a flight of fantasy in one direction, but it occurred to me that my original direction is probably more do-able for this story. I think I need to keep it tight, so to speak, and not let it run wild like a weedy garden. But anyhow, I may take my notepad downstairs (away from the siren call of the Internet) while John is off hiking and Hannah is studying and try some brainstorming of plot elements. If the words come, then, fine; if not, I will still have some ideas to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment