Wednesday, June 06, 2007

She's asking for a post, is she? Well, let's give'r a post.

I have been slacking. But only in my writing, well not really. In writing, I'm a little stuck. Outside of that, I have been busting my butt. Like in getting the little buggers new bedroom set up. Like in working my arms down to nubs cause I'm the only one around that knows how to wield a paint brush or a screwdriver.

So I's tired. And can't think. After one day of being too tired to keep up with the review, I couldn't take it and sat down to at least get something on paper. I wanted to try to do the synopsis.

Which might only be a little less painful than that mammogram. Which I get tomorrow so I really don't know how painful it is, but ya know.

I get the concept of the synopsis, and why it's important, but really. Who thought this stuff up. It's like death to the life of the story. Cause I can't go into all the cool character stuff that I worked so hard on to make it FEEL right. From what I've read, the synopsis is like a book report. As in "What happens in this story to make me want to read it?". Great. Plot stuff. Which is fine. I got plot. I got so much plot, my plot runneth over.

And if I write this synopsis, then the agent's gonna be able to tell if my story falls apart before I say "THE END." Got it. Understand it. Hate it.

Cause why? Cause whiles I tries to get the plot out, I keep getting sidetracked with all the other cool stuff that I just can't hack away. SO I write a little, go back try to hack out the unneeded. Write. Hack. Re-Write. Throw it away. Start over. Hack. And finally end up at stuck.

Then read the blog where someone's looking for a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment