Friday, January 26, 2007

I managed to stick with my resolution of keeping work and home separate for the first week, and then I fizzled out. I still intend to keep it, but it is proving very tiring.

I read Septimus Heap, Book One: Magyk this week. It is a kid’s book, labeled for age 12 and up, that I found while looking for books for Hannah at the library. I thought it was well-written and inventive. I did figure out the twist ending early on, but that is my forte. (I knew the “big secret” in The Crying Game the first time the love interest, Dil, appeared on the screen.) Anyhoo, I liked it well enough that I stayed up until 11 one night to finish it, something I try not to do since I know I sleep like crap if I stay up past 9:30. I am 2 weeks away from the end of the semester (and finals), so I can’t go back and dissect it the way I would like to, but I plan to recheck it over the break and see if I can’t put my finger on what I really like about it.

I have become, not obsessed, but close, about my Godred story. I have rewritten the first bit about 5 times in the last few days, because I know that once I hit that, I will have the formula for finishing the damn thing, but I just can’t find the right...style? voice? I don’t know, and not knowing is driving me to distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment