Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Okay, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last posted. Thanks for the reminder, Nee.
And congrats on all the good grades!

I have been working diligently but have been reluctant to admit to not taking big sis' advice. I know we talked about mutiple submissions, and them not being favored by some, but I couldn't stand waiting for the two weeks to go by and not do anything. SO. I did some more research and landed in a blog for a Miss Snark-an anonymous agent. And the conversations there lead me to believe that people are throwing out tons of queries at one time. Some are talking 100+. I want to know where they got all of those for their particular genre, but oh well. I have been pretty choosy on who I send to.

So far I have sent out two more batches of three each. And have gotten only one response-a rejection, of course. But at least it beats waiting on nothing.

So my rationalization -which seems to be working to soothe my nerves and make me more cohabitable (?word) with my family- is to thinking that I am trying to rack up as many rejects as I can.

For the record:
8 queries, 2 rejects, 6 unanswered to date

2 comments:

  1. I think that multiple *queries* are ok, it's just when someone wants to look at the full manuscript that you shouldn't have multiple copies of it out there, if that makes sense. At the query stage, I don't think any agent assumes you just sent it to him, but honesty is always the best policy when you get to the stage where an agent is seriously considering taking on your work.

    I also read Miss Snark (on a daily basis) and will put up a link to her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, think of those rejections as battle scars. Everyone who jumps into the fray of publishing is going to get a few, and you should be proud of them. The only people who don't have them are the people who haven't put themselves out on the line and sent anything out (like me--yet).

    ReplyDelete